This was such a simple meal to throw together, since I used the leftover marinade from the baked tofu I made the other day. I just bought some frozen stir-fry veggies, cubed up some tofu, and voila – dinner! You can really play around with this recipe – you could use whatever fresh or frozen veggies you have on hand, and substitute just about any nut for the almonds! As a busy mom of 2, the frozen veggie mix was perfect for a quick and easy (yet healthy!) dinner.
- 1 lb firm or extra-firm tofu
- 1 portion of marinade from Marinated Baked Tofu
- 1 pkg frozen mixed stir-fry vegetables
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slices*
- 1-2 tbsp sesame seeds
- soy sauce to taste
Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes. Heat wok or large skillet on high. Add marinade and frozen veggies, and stir-fry until veggies are cooked. Add tofu and stir-fry another few minutes, being careful not to mash the tofu. Pour extra soy sauce over mixture if it becomes too dry.
Remove from heat and stir in toasted almond slices. Transfer to a serving dish and top with sesame seeds. Serve over brown rice, with extra soy sauce if desired.
* If you buy raw almond slices, simply toast on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for 5 – 10 minutes. You will need to check on these toward the end as they burn easily.